To connect with Etsy Sellers that share the unique background of growing up in a military family. To promote our art and increase our exposure to other military brats who participate,and to expand Etsy's customer base by attracting buyers through promotions and other marketing strategies.
1. What is your first name and where are you originally from?
My name is Mariah and I was born in Canada.
2. What branch of the service was your parent(s) in?
My step‑father is in the Navy.
3. Where did you live while growing up?
Growing up we moved a lot, I've lived in Washington, California, and Texas.
4. How did growing up as a military dependent affect you?
Growing up as a military dependent it was hard because I was young and we were moving every 4 years. It felt like once I made a friend I was getting torn away from them because either their family or my family was moving. Also my step father was gone majority of the time, but that just makes me appreciate the moments we are able to share now.
5. Where do you live now?
Now I live in Houston, Texas.
6. Tell us a little bit about your life now.
My life now is more stable as far as moving goes. I'm a stay at home mother to my 2 year old daughter and I run my Etsy shop when she sleeps.
7. What is the name of your etsy shop and what is your specialty?
My Etsy shop is named Laydee's Jewelry Box, and I specialize in jewelry.